Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Hometown

Well here I am again and I'm going to tell you about my hometown even if you don't want to hear it. Where I grew up at was Salem, of course. been here all my life and grew up here all my life. I did grow up in a bad part of Salem, and I can admit it that even though I lived in a bad part of Salem I felt comforted and safe cause I grew up with my grandparents. They would always make me feel as if I can't be touched by no one or anything. But then yet again that's probably why I'm more of a family guy then a people person. Where I lived was confusing because the where abouts I lived didn't match my grandparents at all. My family is warm and safe. but when I walked out side it was like life and death situation. probably not as bad as I'm making it seem but it was still kinda scary with gangs living on every street you turned on. There was graffetti and cops circling the blocks all the time and the fences was all tore up. People just sitting out side there house in groups. That part was intimidating. Trying to walk past them or go to a bus stop with out them stopping you or saying something to you that will make you look at them to give them a reason to try to hurt you. People would steal anything that was laying out side in someones lawn. And most of all I always saw people with there own color of skin. I don't like this racial thing that people keep trying to think. What do you think it's some kind of challenge or something. Where I lived I only knew one other white person. Any other people I would see were Spanish. I try ed to communicate but it never worked not only cause different language but because it's like it felt like they didn't like me because either I'm white or they were trying to be tough like a gang or group or something. Trying to prove something or maybe boost there reputation. Anyways I don't know but all I know is that it makes me laugh even up to this day that the gangs are now starting to influence everyone around the world and bring hate and crimes and murder in this country a lot more then it was before. Where I lived was sort of a helpful thing to my personality because now I see where my choices are picking between being an American or bringing this country down. I probably worded that badly but I did not know how to say all that in a fancy way.

No comments:

Post a Comment