Thursday, April 28, 2011

A lost and terrified Cat near death

Usually on nights and mornings I like to walk my dog to the forest. She is always happy when I take her on a walk, she likes to explore the forest and run around in it. So one night I take my dog on a walk and my brother comes along with me. We are playing around with my dog and running from her and she is chasing us threw the forest, " and this is at night to." We bring a bright LED flashlight and blind are self with it by shining it into are eyes and then like to try to find the dog in the forest. We are always running into trees and hitting are shins on tree stumps, my dog had a good time anyways. As we start to head back; we are trying to gain are eye sight and get threw the pitch dark forest. When we get out we were on are way home with a grin on my dogs face as if she had lots of fun. That always makes me happy to play with animals.
On my way back I see something stumbling around in a driveway, looking as if it does not know what way to go. Kind of going around in circles. As we are on are way home and it is in are path we start to approach it. It's a cat, and as you know any cat that See's a dog coming close it runs. But this cat did not run. be for I can grab my dog terrified my dog my try to bite it, my dog only got and inch away from it's face. I stopped and stand there for a minute wondering what the hell. Then when I looked at the cat confused I noticed it was not even looking at my Sabrina. I get closer to it and pull my dog away, stick my hand out, it did not move. So I reach in and grab the cat, it makes a clogged up sound like it had something stuck in it's throat. I pick it up into my arms and realize that the cat was scared. Yet I wondered why the cat did not run but I did not question it cause I was to worried on how it felt in my hands. As I holed the cat I can feel every bone in it's body, it was starving. I couldn't just leave the cat out there, so I took it home to get it something to eat. As I'm walking home I can feel it as if it wanted to jump out of my arms, but it didn't. It did not have enough strength to. When I arrive at the house I tell my brother to go inside and get it some bread so it can eat something. He goes inside to get two peaces of breads and brings them out. we tare off a peace and put it in front of the cats face so it can eat it. It grips it in it's mouth as if it had not eaten in days. It loses grip of the bread in its mouth and if falls to the ground. So I put the cat on the ground so it can eat, and it's walking around meowing trying to find it. We started to call it and snapping by the food but it was still looking around. I grab the cat and take it to the food. but it still could not find it. We keep tarring off peaces and putting in that pile and still the cat can not find it. Then we realize that the cat is blind. It took 5 minutes for the cat to find it, and when it did; it ate all of it. I knew I could not leave it out side so I take it inside with me and put it on my bed. It did not know how to get off my bed and my bed is only like 2 inches away from the ground. So we started calling it. It did not even notice us. so we get louder and it still does not notice us. The cat was def to. A def and blind cat wondering around out side on a cold raining night, just skin and bones. We test to see if it's blind again. I move my hand really fast in front of it's face going back and forth. It did not even hesitate or blink, And I kept getting so close I almost accidentally hit it. And any cat seeing a over large person coming at it with a open hand towards it's face is going to jump back or hesitate. So now I did not know what to do. Finally I decide and I'm keeping the cat. I went to the store bought it sand box, food, and everything it needs. I have had this cat for about a week now. And it's starting to look a little better. It's gaining meat on it's bones, but soon I am going to take it to the vet to get it xrays and blood tests to make sure it's not in any pain or need help. The kind of help I can't give it. Anyways my dog is still getting use to my new cat but there is still work that needs to be done and still needs to be supervised.

No comments:

Post a Comment